Friday 17 May 2013

Early Fremantle limestone house tuckpointed

At first I thought this was the poor mans tuckpoint. A created recess then pointed with paint which was the case without having to place the tuck.  It was quite hard to tell without jumping the fence.
The tuck appeared almost flush with the point which would make it hard to use a frenchman.

The stone is probably from the nearby having the soil colours of a less consistent floor of stone. They were more than likely lose stones buried in a field rather than from a floor.

I love the colours, the flaws and the  inconsistencies.

Note the mortar colour which appears very much original it may be unslaked burnt lime sand.

I love  stone, collected stone, hand built, like art no machines. 

I want to time travel back for a week in this Australian history; immerse myself in the time.

Fremantle limestone and tuckpoint


No comments: